Many practices make the mistake of interviewing a candidate before they are ready. Like it or not, this is a candidate-driven market. Top candidates will only join practices that present clear and compelling cases. Be prepared to answer questions like:
- What sets your practice apart from others?
- What is your vision for the practice in 5, 10, or 20 years?
- Why is your current associate/partner leaving or why did your previous associate/partner leave?
- How long would it take for the associate to have a full schedule? How would this happen?
- How will compensation work?
- Do you have a clear documented plan to add a Partner or Potential Buyer?